Monday, September 26, 2005

We opened an eBay Store!!

Well we finally opened an eBay store, after much consideration if it would be worth it or not. We decided to go for it, it's only 15.95 a month to have the store and listing items is really cheap like 2 cents each. We listed 12 items in regular ebay auctions last week, and only 3 items sold. But we did not list everything.

I guess I should backtrack a bit more. Almost 2 weeks ago we received items from India, for the purpose of selling them here and making some profit. So far we are halfway to our profit goal, and only about $100 away from covering the actual cost. We did not like all of the items we received. Sujeet was working with someone he knew back in India, who purchased everything for us but does not have good taste. Sujeet tried giving him more detailed ideas of what kinds of things to purchase, but some people just do not have good taste!! We got various items like 12 pairs of earrings (sold all of them already!), 16 tapestry/bedsheets, 16 purses, Indian shoes, and paper star lanterns. We sold most of the shoes, a few tapestry/bedsheet sets, and a few purses. Now we are going to see how the eBay store works out. Our store address is
http://stores.ebay.com/Indian-Closet .

I picked the name. I also used microsoft paint to make the logo at the top- the Indian woman's eyes. I like it!!

Time to start dinner...going to make couscous, thai noodles , and some other side.

2 comments:

G & Auds said...

I just went out and looked at your EBay store! How cool, and I love the name and the little blurb you have at the top, describing it.

Do you guys have someone that supplies the stuff for you? Because it's really gorgeous. If you get any more of those beaded purses in a lighter pink, let me know.

Oh and I did the pirate name generator too. I'll do it again because I can't remember what mine was, and will post to our blog.

*hugs*

Talk soon!

Auds

Christina said...

Hi Auds! I'm glad you liked the way the store looked!

We don't have a supplier officially. Sujeet got these through someone he knew back in India who does now work for an exporting business in India. But we are not sure if we will be working with him anymore because he took much too long to send us everything (4 months!). I do have a lighter pink colored purse I am going to be listing and also other colors tonight.

Now we may be working from now on with a different person Sujeet knew in India, who already has sent us a shipment of earings which might arrive in a week or so! He is mr speedy compared to the other guy!

Thanks for visiting the store!
hugs,Christina