Thursday, October 06, 2005

Double Standards

Something that really annoys me--- people who say "have an open mind, be accepting of others, no matter what they believe, and every belief is fine...bla bla bla" and then next moment they are insulting your beliefs...but it's "ok", because it's fine to insult christians, but not anyone else!

They preach about accepting everyone's religions, but they have zero tolerance for christians and the bible...talk about hypocritical and a double standard. Aren't so open minded after all, huh? Either really be accepting of everyone and DON'T insult them, or admit you don't really have that open of a mind, and can't be respectful even when you don't agree with someone. Yes, we are the "koolaid drinkers", those of us who believe the bible. Are the Muslims, Hindus, etc koolaid drinkers too? No, wait it's politically incorrect to insult people of those faiths. Give me a break...lots of people are very self-righteous...I don't mean it in a christian way, I mean it in a way that they think they are so open minded and tolerant...but ask them to tolerate and respect that you believe differently, and they laugh.

Sorry, I just needed to vent after spending a lil time on a message board that I don't really enjoy anymore. And if anyone somehow reads this from that place, you either know what I am talking about or.... I don't really care what you think. Since most of the people I really enjoyed being there have been gone, and others I enjoy are just not around as much there, there are a small handful of people there who actually like me, and I'm sure I am not missed there at all when I hardly post. Because, I stand up for what I believe, and I call things as I see them, and well it bothers a lot of people. Also, since starting the eBay store and this blog, I have spent less and less time out there on that board.


I kind of have a rebellious personality, but not the normal kind of rebellion...instead, when people try to ridicule my faith or get me to do things I think are wrong, I get stronger, and rebel by studying everything I believe even more. I don't know if ppl think that by insulting my beliefs, it will weaken me or make me stop believing. It does the opposite.

Well this entry was a lot of nonsense, sorry!!! But I needed to vent. :)

2 comments:

G & Auds said...

Awwwwwwwww *big hugs* sweetie. Me thinks I know of which BB you speak. *wink*

I think those of which you speak - it's not such a matter of double standards, it more of NO STANDARDS. They are not at all a tolerant bunch out there and they are always right while those of us who try and focus on our relationships with Christ are always wrong, or deceived, or deluded, or sheep...etc etc etc....you've heard all the same stuff out there I have and it's just one of the myriad reasons we left the site.

More often than not I find myself backsliding (have you seen what I mean, I've posted about it on the blog) but heaven forbid I'd ever be caught doing something like that in front of anyone from that crowd from *that* BB! Oi!

Christina, no matter what I'm going through in my life and no matter how frustrated people like *that* make me, this one thing is unshakable....I KNOW where I am going to be when my time here on earth is done. Can those out there say the same?

Again, keep perservering sweetie. You are a real inspiration to me. I hope you know that!

*hugs* and prayers.....

Auds

Christina said...

I agree.

Thank you Auds. :)

Hugs,

Christina