Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Thankful

Sujeet and I are very thankful for everything that has happened in the past year and a half. He has not even been in the US two years yet and we were able to buy a house. It's really exciting that we actually own a house now! We still are in our old house, we are either moving out this weekend or next(depending on what our landlords agree to, with giving back part or all of our last months rent!).

My parents are very happy for us too. They had struggled for many years and because of that, were not able to buy a house for awhile. They had owned a house up in New York, but since living in Florida they had been renting. That's over 20 years of renting. So I am really happy for them that last summer they were able to buy a nice house. They didn't think they'd be able to, even though my dad was making good money for awhile, because of past credit problems. But they were blessed too!

I just wanted to post this since we are really thankful!

Psalm 95: 1- 7 (copied from Bible Gateway)

1 Come, let us sing to the LORD!
Let us give a joyous shout to the rock of our salvation!

2 Let us come before him with thanksgiving.
Let us sing him psalms of praise.

3 For the LORD is a great God,
the great King above all gods.

4 He owns the depths of the earth,
and even the mightiest mountains are his.

5 The sea belongs to him, for he made it.
His hands formed the dry land, too.

6 Come, let us worship and bow down.
Let us kneel before the LORD our maker,

7 for he is our God. We are the people he watches over,
the sheep under his care. Oh, that you would listen to
his voice today!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very happy for you two and I love the pics. Can't wait to see more once everything is in the house and decorated!!! :)

B r i a n & G a b r i e l a said...

I just met you through your blog, and I'm happy for you about your new house. Blessings and beautiful verse you picked from the Bible. Have a great rest of the week. Blessings. :)

P.S. Lovely pics the ones in your blog. Liked all of them and mainly the ones of your husband's family and the paintings you made plus the one you got from your husband's sis.

Christina said...

thanks everyone!

brian & gabriella-I would like to read your blog too but it's not listed under your profile, can you give me the link? :)

B r i a n & G a b r i e l a said...

Hi Christina. Good luck with the painting and cleaning at home that you mentioned.

Oh, yup, I guess probably I messed something up while making adaptations to my blog, as yup, it does not mention the link of Brian & I's blog. I will try to fix it. Answering to your question, my link is www.briangabriela.blogspot.com

Thanks and have a great weekend.