Saturday, July 29, 2006

Milestones of Life

I'm going to another baby shower today. This time it's for Meghan (last name used to be Mirabella), who we don't see much anymore but keep in contact with. She is pregnant with a baby boy, and her husband is over in Iraq. :( But he'll be able to come for 2 weeks when she has the baby.

I imagine in the next month or two will be another baby shower for our friend Jenn. I've gone to more baby showers this year than any other year before! Baby showers this year: Kim's at the beginning of the year, Christina's from our church, Cindy's 2 baby showers, today's baby shower, then Jenn's soon. And we might be invited to another, by someone we hardly see!

It is a strange feeling, to see all my friends and my age group now in the phase of entering parenthood. It's also really nice to share yet another milestone of life with some friends we have known for so long.

From the awkward teenage years, to complaining about "who will ever want to marry me??? *cry*", then getting married, and now having babies!! It's all warm and fuzzy. hehehe.

I'm still praying for Jenny and Rachel, where are their future husbands??? They are excellent gals. They deserve to find true love soon, God please let it happen soon! And guys don't even know what they are missing out on. Some guys are just big jerks anyway. It's getting harder and harder to find nice guys these days, at least around where we live!
No wonder I had to find mine in INDIA. hahaha. J/K, I know there are still nice guys out there, but, where... are... you? :( All the nice guys seem to be married already (like my Sujeet hehe, Danny, Andy, and others, etc). It's frustrating....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it weird how everyone around us keeps having babys... :) Maybe it's a sign.... but I am still so young and I need to finish school!