Monday, November 06, 2006

Remember when...

I was thinking of funny/weird things I thought when I was a kid. A child's mind is funny.

I remember when I couldn't wait to turn 16, just so I could sing "I am 16 going on 17..." and really mean it. And when you are 5 or 6, 16 looks really mature. hahaha.

I used to think Maine was Spain.

I thought every birth was done by cutting open the mother's stomach. (I didn't know what a c-section was) And I used to think, I'd like a baby when I grow up but I'm scared about them cutting my stomach. Well who knows, that could still happen to me one day. :P

I thought a plane took off in a circular pattern. Like a big swirl, the plane starting at the furthest swirl and winding in slowly to the middle until finally it took off. I got this idea because when we moved to FL and I was almost 4, the plane was circling the airport for a long time after take off. I remember the feeling of going in circles.

I thought Christmas lasted at least a week. When I found out Christmas was only 1 day, I was surprised and saddened. But with all the holiday events it does end up feeling like Christmas is more than one day.

Different topic...

There is a Corn Maze I think would be really fun to do. I don't know if we'll get the chance to do it before it closes for the season because it's 2 hours away and only is open until the end of Nov. I hope we can do it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Corn mazes are fun!!! I hope you guys get to go!!!