Monday, January 22, 2007

So let's see...

...what happened since last Tuesday when I last posted.

Things do happen but then when I sit down to write about it, my mind goes blank and I can't think of anything interesting enough to write about sometimes. Or I don't feel like writing about everything that happens.

Last weekend went by fast. We were at my parents' house hanging out for a few hours on Saturday, and then we were there again yesterday so Rachel could cut Sujeet and I's hair.

I'm reading Searching for God Knows What and am enjoying it. I don't 100% agree with every single thing in the book, but it's still enjoyable. Here's part of a review of the book from here

Donald Miller is a self-described evangelical Christian who also displays a bent for unorthodox opinions and manners of expression. In Searching for God Knows What he makes the case for an approach to Christianity that is relational rather than propositional. “The essence of our spirituality lies in a relationship with God,” Miller writes. He has no patience for formulaic religion; at the same time he wisely acknowledges that relationship is much harder than formula. He decries the impostors who claim to speak for God while being in reality “more concerned with money, fame, and power than with grace, love, and social justice.” ...

No comments: