I should be doing something more productive but I am typing here instead.
Kavi is napping and I don't know for how much longer. Today the sinkhole people came and started pumping the grout under our house. They filled 2 areas out of 14 total. It took 2 concrete mixer trucks. They are done for the day but they are still doing some noisy stuff outside. And Kavi is still sleeping through it! They are doing banging and then once in awhile a bang so hard it shakes the ground, eeks!!
Kavi started eating rice and oatmeal baby cereal at 4 months, and a couple weeks ago we started with vegetables. He had peas for a few days, then we tried green beans. Those didn't work out well, he seemed extra gassy later that day. Then we tried sweet potato. Today I tried banana mixed into his baby oatmeal so we'll see how that goes. I just mashed up some of a banana. Yes these are interesting things when you have a baby. :P
I am going to try making some of the baby food soon I think. Not to be all mother earth hippie, but to see if it really saves money. I found websites with good tips. You can cook the veggie or fruit, then puree or mash it, and use ice trays to store the food in the freezer. Once it's frozen you can pop out the food and store them in freezer bags, separated by each kind. Then you just microwave them to feed baby! Let's see when I finally get around to trying. I already have baby food in the pantry and it seems to last awhile since I don't feed him a whole jar at one time usually.
Frozen baby food cubes! Hah.



No comments:
Post a Comment