Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hello!

There are things I can write about that have happened since the last time I wrote, I just have been lazy about doing it.

The day we found out Kavi was fine from the MRI test, we booked our tickets to visit India that evening!! It's very exciting. We are going on Feb 26th and staying a week and a half. We can't stay more because Sujeet doesn't have enough vacation days yet since he has only been at this job a few months. But our family in India is really excited and can't wait to see Kavi!

This sunday Kavi turns ONE YEAR OLD!! Wow! He is becoming such a big boy. My family is coming down for the bday party.

Yesterday was Suj's birthday! He wanted Indian food for dinner and I also made Kulfi(from a box though) for a special desert. It's an Indian style ice cream, but not exactly like ice cream. It was good, there is still some in the freezer. :)

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Kavi's MRI results!

Just wanted to also write here that Kavi is totally fine!

We felt like he would be, but hearing it was a huge relief!

Now we can celebrate! We also will find and buy plane tickets to visit India, too!! woohoo! We are going next month, unsure of the dates yet.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Quite the week...and Kavi had an MRI

It's been quite a week. I had been dealing with a bad head cold, and then Kavi caught a cold too which he is still fighting. I am feeling almost all the way better, thankfully.

But we also had some other things go on this week. Some who read here may already know. I was debating to wait to talk about it on Tuesday, when we will know results...but I felt like I should just write about it already.

Last Monday Kavi had a pediatrician appointment to check his head size, because it's been measuring large. It still measured large at the Monday appt. The Dr. decided that it's better to be cautious and get a CT scan done of Kavi's head to see whether his head is just large or something else. :(

The scan needed to be done at All Children's Hospital in St. Petersburg( 1.5 hours away). I scheduled it for Friday (16th). The day before the appointment, I was called and told that our insurance wouldn't authorize a CT scan, so we had to get an MRI instead. So I had to call the hospital and cancel the CT scan and made an appt for the MRI. They told me they did MRI's at their Tampa branch, so we could go there for the appt. That was better for us, because it would only be an hour away in an area I am very familiar with, near my old university.

First the appt was scheduled for 12:30pm, but later in the day they called to say there was a cancelation for the morning and we could come first thing at 7:15am. So we took that appt.

There are pros to the MRI...such as a much more indepth scan result, no radiation, and a more definite answer to our questions. However the cons were that Kavi would have to get an i.v. and anesthesia.

He did well, he cried for the i.v. of course, but I think he was just mad he had to lay still on the examining bed with strangers around. Me and Suj were there too for that though. They took him to the MRI area where we couldn't go, so we weren't with him when he got the anesthesia.

We only waited about 30 mins and were called in to see Kavi, who was awake again. He was groggy but wanted to be active already. He was active the rest of the day, and didn't even want to nap! So he handled everything very well.

We will know the results by Tuesday. We feel like nothing is wrong, but we won't feel really confident until we hear the results. We are praying there is nothing wrong with our Kavi boy. I will update here when we know!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I still have a cold...

I have an annoying cold that started last Thursday, and I am still fighting it. I need to update here, but haven't felt like it. :) I did put a new post on my other blog http://considerthecoffee.blogspot.com if you want to read that!