Arrrrrr, maties
I went to this pirate name generator, and my pirate name is Navigatin' Helga Cooke . That is just for Christina, when I put in my full name it becomes " Pirate Marilyn the Periwinkle" , that one doesn't sound very tough! Isn't there supposed to be a Pirates of the Caribbean part 2 or something? When? Maybe next summer. I wish!
We don't go to the movies very often(saving money...), but I am really looking forward to The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe movie this December. I love the Chronicles of Narnia, they are my favorite books. When I was younger I read them all atleast 2 times. I love CS Lewis. He not only had an incredible writing ability and imagination, but he was also an awesome Christian Apologetic. As I got into my late teens and early 20's I started checking out his more theological/apologetic books. I have to admit I have not read an entire book of his that is like that, but I always get about half way through, need a mental break, and then forget to read the rest! I guess because he wrote his books in the early to mid 1900's, the words he uses are sometimes hard for me to understand, nevermind that he was writing in British english! It takes a lot of mental concentration to read his apologetic books, but it's well worth it. Lewis was very smart and intellectual.
I have read the 1st half of "Mere Christianity" about 3 times (hehe), and still it blows me away. He uses such simple examples to show how all humans have innate desires for certain things-- certain things which would not just occur without some "moral law" in the world given by a higher authority. You read...and then you're suddenly like, "woah! How true!!".
I love that he was an atheist, whose mission it was to logically prove that there is no God, and that Christianity was stupid. During his attempt at trying to logically disprove God's existence and to make Christianity look ridiculous, he actually did the opposite. He said he actually started believing in God and in what the bible said, while trying to go against it.
I read his biography, and he puts it cutely...that he felt like God was basically saying to him "come on, you KNOW I'm here...stop pretending", but he would just ignore it. Then he said finally one day he was like,"fine God, yes, yes I do believe you exist, ok?!" , he shocked himself. (I'm paraphrasing, those aren't exact words). Then he started feeling the same about christianity.
Ok this entry is getting long...I don't want to bore anyone who reads! :P
Have a great day to all (or anyone?) reading! I've got to go to the post office today to send some things to ppl who bought things from us on ebay!



No comments:
Post a Comment