i'm All Shook Up
I've got "All Shook up" by Elvis stuck in my head right now. Elvis songs are fun.
I'm also all shook up at the moment. Probably a mix of God and my own thoughts. I'm sorry to anyone who reads who think what I write is weird...but oh well! It's my blog, mine mine mine! :) So I guess it means I can write anything I want to!
I got myself all irritated while washing the dishes. I was doing a lot of thinking. It's like a mixture of irration but also I think it's a feeling from God. Like when he puts something in your mind, and its stirs you inside. And sometimes how you feel cannot be contained, like the verses in Jeremiah 20:8-11
word of the LORD has brought me insult and reproach all day long. 9 But
if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of
holding it in; indeed, I cannot. 10 I hear many whispering, "Terror on every side!Report him! Let's report him!" All my friends are waiting for me to slip, saying, "Perhaps he will be deceived; then we will prevail over him and take our revenge on him." 11 But the LORD is with me like a mighty warrior; so my persecutors will stumble and not prevail. They will fail and be thoroughly disgraced; their dishonor will never be forgotten.
Jeremiah was being really honest, saying that bringing God's message is not always an enjoyable thing. You will most likely be mocked, insulted, & joked about. And sometimes it hurts. But the other option, of holding in God's message when He told you to share it, can be like a fire inside, waiting to escape. I feel that way right now, and when you feel that way, no situation can stop you. The idea of being mocked cannot stop you. The idea of being considered weird cannot stop you. It just bursts forth. I am incredibly tired of people thinking joking about sex is funny. I am tired that almost every TV show has to involve sex or stupid inuendos constantly, as if everyone has freezed their mentality at age 16. And I really wish more people were bothered by it, and would take a stand and honor their morals. I honestly hate it, and get immediately annoyed when I hear any inuendo. I thought I left high school a long time ago, but the entertainment industry is mostly a bunch of people who think sex is funny. It's so retarded in my opinion.
As teenager, I was always kind of insulted by fellow CHRISTIAN friends for taking a stand and not watching rated R movies(mostly because of the sex in them) or any movie that had sex scenes. Besides wanting to give some kind of Godly example to others, it made me want to punch them in the face when they acted stupid because I took that stand. I never said they had to take that stand, but just taking that stand threatened them...because they knew they shouldn't be watching those things either. Well, I'm still the same about it. I have no desire to watch things that are perverted, and I wish more ppl had no desire to also. That way, we wouldn't be "odd balls" like always. And then ofcourse people have their little judgments of you like "ohh she thinks she's better than everyone", hah! No sorry, it's just that I might care more about what God thinks than you do. What's funny is when my non-Christian friends would say they respected me for taking certain stands, even though they didn't agree with me. But i guess it's because my christian friends were immature? I mean we all were, but some more than others.
I have always had this attitude and I plan to continue it, that those norms are total crap, and what I want to do (and often times fail to do!) is try to please God and not people who think there are certain norms for life. "Norms" like:
all adults drink alcohol(yuck in my opinion), there's nothing wrong with having sex outside of marriage, you should have tried smoking atleast once to be "cool", you should joke about sex, having many boyfriends/girlfriends is normal...and the list goes on.
Those norms can bite the dust in my opinion. They mean nothing to me. When Jesus was tempted by the Devil in the Wilderness, the Devil was really stupid. He offered Jesus to rule the kingdoms of the world (norm=power, success) if he worshipped the Devil, when Jesus was already the ruler of the universe. I don't know, I can just imagine Jesus laughing at the Devil's attempt. I want to be like that and I have tried to be, just laughing inside at the world's attempt to make me turn away from God, the living God who is always with me. I just don't think there is anything worth giving that up!
Ok, now I will really stop ranting! I just wanted to get that off my chest, it was all going through my head and even if no one reads it, I just needed to write it.



No comments:
Post a Comment