It's Already October 1st!
I can't believe it's October already. I still feel like it's the middle of the year, not nearing the end! I think last year because I worked at the school, it felt more seasonal. Not the Florida weather, of course :( but decorations and events. Since I worked with the preschoolers, we always were making some sort of crafts according to the time of year and I think Fall was my favorite time with them! I love Fall, but I just wish it actually started getting cooler outside here at this time of year. I am tired of Florida's weather, but I don't want to move! I like Florida for a lot of reasons, and they are just more important than the weather...but I always say the same things every season...during Summer I say, "It's way too hot!", during Fall I say,"When is it going to start cooling down??", during winter I say,"When will I be able to wear my scarf?". Yes, pathetically in Florida we do buy scarves, it's wishful thinking. There are probably 10 days per year that a scarf is actually required in Florida... required for us Floridians. For a Northerner, they would probably laugh at us wearing scarves because the high for the day was a windy 50 degrees.
Yesterday was a busy but fun day! Sujeet had a half day at work, so that we could go to Tampa to the Civil surgeon and get a form filled out that we need for our upcoming Green Card interview for Sujeet. Sujeet was home from work by 1pm(he works an hour away). Then at 2:40pm we left to go to Tampa, arrived at the civil surgeon's office about 3:45pm (had a 4pm appt) and were out by 3:55! There was no one else in that doctor's office, so we got it done immediately.
Then we headed to the International Plaza Mall, which is right next to the Tampa Intl Airport. The mall is mainly for rich people but there are some affordable stores for us normal folk. ;-) We ate in the food court, and then walked around for probably 2 hours. It was really fun! Sephora just opened up in that mall a week ago, and so we went there and Sujeet didn't act too bored as I wandered around the store looking at all the cool stuff. He said I could get some stuff as an early birthday present if I wanted to. So I took the offer, and got some pretty make up. Then we wandered around the Discovery Channel Store, and had fun looking at stuff in there. I like science and Sujeet likes technology so we had fun in there...they have cool gadgets! Then we walked around a nice home decoration store called Z Gallerie, and bought 2 DELICIOUS smelling candles that were 70% off for $1.26 LOL. What a deal. One candle is Cucumber(no melon along with it!) scent, and one is Ginger Apple. Sujeet liked them a lot, because they are light smells. The Cucumber one really smells like a freshly chopped cucumber. I think I am rambling. :-D
Then on the way home, I missed one little highway merge, on a very familiar road to me and it added 45mins to our drive!!! My problem was that Sujeet was talking on the phone with my sister because she had called us, and I was paying attention to what he was saying. I was on 275 north, and accidentally merged onto I-4 East and I noticed much too late to do anything about it so I just yelled "oh noooooooooo!". Finally after probably 4 miles there was an exit to get off and go towards 41 (a road we could take home) so I though "oh good". There was no way we wanted to turn around and go West on I-4 because that side of the highway had a lot of backed up traffic. So I'm off the wrong highway finally, heading towards rt 41 and well we were so far south on 41 that I had never been that far south on it. It took 45 mins to reach North Tampa! So we left the mall at around 7pm, should have been home at 8, but got home at 8:45. It was really annoying, but fun at the same time...like our own little road adventure. Another reason it took so much longer was this one road while we were heading towards rt 41....it had graveyards on both sides of the road and it took us about 20mins to go 1 1/2 miles because the traffic on that road was so bad. I didn't understand why, no other road around had that much traffic. It was very odd.
Well I'll stop now, and if anyone has read this entire thing, you have perseverance!! Thanks!!! :)



1 comment:
I'm so envious...you have a Sephora close to you. I have to order stuff online because the closest to us is Boston...and while it's only a 90 minute drive away, you have to be mad-crazy to go down and drive amongst the natives. I won't do it. Can't do it. So I shop online. And honestly, with petrol prices being what they are, I'm probably saving money. *lol*
Can't wait to see all the new goodies in the Ebay store!!!!
Post a Comment