Excited about a few things!
I was just thinking about a few things I am happy about. Since it's November, the Turkey Lurkey month, it's a good time to be thankful for good things in my life. So here's a list of things that make me happy lately:
- Thanksgiving is in 2 weeks
- Sujeet doesn't have to work the day after Thanksgiving
- We're going to a wedding on December 3rd
- Christmas is not that far away
- Thinking about the day I'll find out I am pregnant (not yet, but in the future!)
I'm also happy for people I know who are going to see their loved ones after not seeing them for a long long time. Patience is a virtue, one learned very well by all of us who have had to go through the long immigration process in order to be with the ones we love. It really brings a bond between those who have gone through it. While it definitely builds in you things that may never have been built if you didn't have to go through it, I would still never wish my sister or friends to have to go through it. Thinking back to it all, it was a very hard time, but worth it so that I could have Sujeet in my life forever. So I'm happy for:
- Jamie, who has not seen her fiance in a year and a half. His fiance visa was approved and he should be coming to the US soon! Very happy for them. He is from New Delhi too.
- Melanie, whose husband's visa interview is next week. She has not seen her husband in about 8 months! She will be going to Canada Saturday to see him and be with him at the visa interview. He is also originally from India. I'm sure his visa will be approved!
I have had the privilege of getting to know Jamie and am little by little getting to know Melanie more. It's really cool to relate to other American gals marrying Indian fellas. ;)



2 comments:
::jumping up and down:: saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (won't see him till sunday, though... long trip, eh?)
thinking about good things is very good. hmm... i'm thankful that i'm finally going to see nizzar again ... that i have my own apartment in a really nice building ... that my managers at work are very understanding with me and willing to move me around in the departments to make me happy ... that i'm making lots of new friends at church who have been praying for us for the past few months ... that my parents are looking forward to meeting nizzar and said several times this week "we want him here!!!" i have so much to be thankful for!
That is all great!
I'm very happy for you!
Post a Comment