I love coffee

Yep, I love coffee. I hardly drink soda these days, though I still love coca-cola, and so I don't feel guilty one little bit about loving coffee. Be warned, this could be a very boring entry. Sorry! And yes this entry will mostly be about coffee!
The best coffee advice person is my cousin Chrissy. She is the queen of coffee. She has advised me many a time which coffees to order or not order at certain coffee places, and she is always right on! Thanks cous'! (I don't even think she reads this, I'll have to force her to!).
Only about half our friends drink coffee. Us and our friends don't drink alcohol, so when those of us who drink coffee hang out, we make a pot or go buy some. It's our substitute for alcohol in our lives! No, not really! None of us want to drink alcohol at all but you could compare us, that instead of buying alcohol for our gatherings, we buy coffee! Yum. Not yuck like beer. Well I have only tasted alcohol twice(I think) in my life (shocking huh?) and I find it disgusting, which is kind of cool to me! It'd be hard sometimes if I liked the taste but didn't drink it. I hate the taste and is all the more reason why I don't drink it (along with other reasons).
Yeah I know the bible doesn't forbid all alcohol consumption, while it does speak against getting drunk. But I personally and almost all of my friends just have never felt the need to drink alcohol or enjoyed it. I also want to be someone who anyone would feel comfy around. Some people I have known were alcoholics and struggled with it. I would never want to be a drinker and have to put anyone I know in an awkward situation to be around alcohol when they are struggling to stop drinking. It's also nice to be different, for people to think you are weird because you are an "adult" and don't drink alcohol. Yes, I don't mind being considered weird!
Back to coffee...another silly thing is that the cup you are drinking the coffee in can make a difference! When the coffee is in a cute cup that's your favorite, it just seems to taste better! Coffee drinkers will know what I am talking about! I don't drink coffee all day, but I do have it usually 2 times per day. Once in the morning and once after dinner. There are times I skip it and I don't get headaches if I skip it, so I guess I'm not addicted? Hopefully not!
Well, I sometimes like talking about the seemingly meaningless things of life! But then, people always seem to have their own stories to add so it ends up being fun to talk about the meaningless things! I could talk about silly and meaningless things all day! It's part of life and it's enjoyment! I talk to God about this kind of stuff too. :) I talk to him like I'm talking to a friend, about anything and everything.



2 comments:
i felt like i was reading one of my own entries ;) i drink coffee like a crazy person -- and for me, also, it seems to be a substitute for alcohol. to me, you can have a lot better time socializing with coffee, because you can run off a natural high, and people usually don't end up saying/doing things they shouldn't.
differently for me, though, is that i did used to drink a little alcohol. eventually, i got used to and kind of liked the way some of it tastes. nizzar and i would have wine with dinner sometimes, and that was nice. sometimes we would go out for beer and wings. but then i got really upset one day and i had a drink ... then another day the same thing happened and i said "whoa! this is bad!" so i've sworn it off completely.
i have to agree with you, though ... talking about the little, seemingly unimportant things is a lot of fun :) sometimes you need a break from being so serious all the time (i do, at least).
we should live closer. you would be fun to hang out with :P
jill! you silly gal!
melanie, yes it would be cool to hang out! maybe some day!
Post a Comment