Monday, November 07, 2005

It's Warm Again

It's too warm outside again. In the 80's this week. It'd better be cooler outside when Thanksgiving day comes!

So it's my first time living in my own house during the holidays! Before getting married, I never lived out of my parents' house. Shocking huh? :) And then after marriage, we had to live with my parents until Sujeet got his employment authorization and found a job. It was nice living with them though, we had a lot of our own private space there in our bedroom that used to be a 3-car garage, with a bathroom in it too! Now they don't live in that house anymore...memories!

I'm excited about decorating our own place during the holidays. I bought a few cheap christmas decorations today. I was looking for Fall decor but they only had christmas decor where I went...odd! I want our house to be cozy and comfortable! So far, everyone that has come to hang out at our house has said they feel very comfy here. I'm glad! Our home is VERY small, but I usually don't even notice how small it is anymore! And when people come hang out here, it doesn't feel too small. When we eventually have a baby though, we will definitely need a little bigger of a house. Hopefully we can buy a house this coming spring/summer. Our house is so small though, that I don't think we can have a big christmas tree! We might have to get a shrimpy tree this year. I just have nowhere to put it, so it has to be small. We don't even have a dining area...just a living room that's small, yet we shoved a table into the corner as the dining area. So there is really nowhere for a normal size tree....sad!!!

I might try to have a hot chocolate party here, soon. If they weather gets chilly, it would be perfect! We'd invite everyone over on a saturday night, clean out the porch so we can sit out there and drink hot chocolate and then maybe watch a holiday movie! We never go into our porch. It's pretty cool because it has screens and also plastic windows over them that slide open/shut. We should really clean it up and spend time in there! It would be a good place to read.

I'm off to think of Christmas gift ideas...things that I could possibly make that wouldn't be crappy! :P

1 comment:

Christina said...

Last year we had a real tree, and that was fun but a huge mess to clean up! :P I was at Family Dollar and they had some small fake trees for $10 and $20 but they were pathetic looking! hehe! I already have a tiny tree that me and rachel used to use in our room...it's only 2 feet tall and if anything I guess we can use that little munchkin! hehee

Yes we definitely will have a hot chocolate party when you are here! Or it will be an Indian dinner w/ a hot chocolate after party!