Thursday, January 19, 2006

People's weirdness

We all have some weirdness in us, I know. But sometimes I get annoyed with the weirdness in others. Some people have bad symptoms of "foot in mouth" disorder. hehe! I am nice to people, and try to be aware of things going on, but it seems a lot of people don't know what the word "curteous" means. They want you to attend to their every need, but don't offer help to others in times of need. So my strategy is to be nice, to offer people help or advice when I can, and when I've given help and they don't appreciate it, to just stop bothering if they get upset about certain other things.

No incident has just occured to make me write this, but I was just thinking about some stuff. An example would be someone who gets mad if you don't call them to tell them about every plan you are doing, but they constantly make plans without you, and don't invite you, and they think that is ok. (which I am glad they don't always invite us actually) But the moment they find out you didn't tell them about some plan, they get bent outta shape.

But then with many friends that is not an issue. We each have a few different friend circles and never get offended if we are not invited to certain activities. That's good friendship in my opinion... understanding, contentment, and not weirdness.

No comments: