Sitting here, drinking orange juice, trying to figure out what to write!
This orange juice is good, and it's only Wal-mart brand frozen concentrate for 99 cents. Once it's mixed with water, it's realllly good. We have tons of oranges and tangerines in our backyard trees, but they aren't very sweet! They mock us with their bright orange colors, telling us "eat one, look how orange we are!". So we cut it open, and bite into one, and it's sour! I don't get it. I hope they sweeten up! Hmm that was a pretty boring topic.
Shortly going to the new church to patch old nail holes in the walls, and then start painting. We are going to paint it a light but warm color, to make it earthy. Our church is not completely hippy-ish, but we aren't the typical looking church either. We like funky stuff instead of fancy chandeliers and etc. If you look into the hearts of people, that is what is the most important. Whether someone attends a fancy church, a simple church, or like in some countries they don't have a church building at all, it doesn't matter. What matters is the heart and message of the church. The Western world's churches often focus on material things, instead I want to know the heart of a church.
Somewhere that I would really like to see a revolution is in churches overall. It doesn't matter where anyone meets, in a building, home, or outside, what matters is the message of Christ. Not the message of gaining wealth, or just prospering. Try preaching that kind of message in a poor village in another country like India, it would be ridiculous. What do people need to hear? The truth, salvation, and redemption found in Christ, or about how if you give a church a certain amount of money, you will get rich? I don't like prosperity messages. Sometimes God chooses us to give away all we have, to reach certain people, while he may choose another to be rich in order to reach out to their fellow rich...but I don't believe being rich=godliness or that godliness=worldly prosperity. Let's see how rich Paul and most of the disciples in the bible were! Jesus told them not to store up things while they were traveling around preaching, he said depend on God to provide when you stay with a family in the cities you go to. He didn't tell them, build yourselves mansions here on earth, to show men how rich you are. I am not against being rich at all! I wish I had more money! :P But I am against the idea that if you are a Christian, you are supposed to be wealthy or else you lack faith in God, and that He is not allowing you to prosper. Well... that was a fun bunny trail!



No comments:
Post a Comment