Saturday, April 22, 2006

Decorating, and Good Deals

Sujeet and I are finishing up some more decorating today in the house, and I'm excited! I'll be posting pictures soon of rooms that get finished. We're working on the orange room right now, and it's looking great! The orange room is the really Indian decorated room, with bright red, pink, orange and other colors thrown in. It may sound crazy but it's not, to me at least! hehehe

Later we are picking up a china cabinet/hutch that my Nana(that's what we call my grandma) bought for us at a thrift store, it was only $45!! On Thursday, we usually have ladies' bible study at our church but we went on a "field trip" Thursday to thrift stores and then ate at a yummy Greek restaurant for lunch. While in one thrift store that I never even knew existed, I fell in love with this hutch but didn't think I could buy it even though it was such a good deal. My Nana overheard me and then said she wanted to buy it for us for our new house. I was so happy. So we have to go get it today! I'll show pics of that too. (even if no one is interested, I still show pics of almost everything haha)

We also have to work on the green room today(living room). It's fun having color coded rooms. Oh yeah, I added yet another color in to the mix...bright red in the kitchen!! I'm so giddy about colors, weird huh? :) So far in the house, we have a creamy yellow called "Mangrove Yellow", creamy orange called "Jovial Orange", light green called "Avocado Dip", and "Apple Red". The first 3 are from Kilz paint in Walmart and they cover the walls very well in one coat.

1 comment:

G & Auds said...

Sounds like you two are having a blast decorating your HOME and settling in. Cant wait to see piccies!

BTW, we're saying prayers that Sujeet finds an ideal position that truly rewards his talents and fulfills him!

God Bless.

Auds