Saturday, April 08, 2006

It's the project that never ends...

Wow! We've been in our new house for 1 week. In some ways it feels like we've already been here longer than that.

The kitchen cabinet redo has been haunting me. I wrote about it in a recent post about how the kitchen cabinets grossed me out inside and out. Finally, yes finally, we are done painting inside and out and are left with installing the doors again.

I will be so relieved when it's done. The kitchen has been in a state of complete disorder since moving in. It gives me a headache just looking at it. Not one cup, plate, or pot has been put away and they are out everywhere.

I love our new house, but because everything is topsy turvy, sometimes looking at all that needs to be finished makes me wanna cry! It's that over-tired, can't take anymore at this moment, type of feeling that I think everyone faces many times! It may sound silly, but it's true! I just want the house to be normal. I bet by next week everything will be done and I'll forget how chaotic things were. I just know I don't want to move again for a long time.

My parents have been helping us so much with all the work getting done in our house. Also my sister and Rachel have been helping. Jenny bought us flowers for our yard and even planted them for us. My parents have been buying odds and ends that we've been needing in our new house and providing us with many warm meals.

Sujeet and I are going soon to meet up with our landlord to give back the keys(was supposed to happen already but the landlords kept having to postpone). We are getting back our security $ plus about 75% of our last month!! And we are getting a little more back than we thought. So to thank my parents, Jenny, and Rachel, we are taking them out to eat tonight at a cool Asian restaurant in Tampa called
Rice & Company. It's a treat going there so we hardly can go, it will be yummy tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it'll all settle down soon enough ... and with a house being permanent, you know you won't be doing any big time changes for a long time after this :) i know how you feel, though (mostly, at least). i've recently been having quite an uprooted feeling, wondering when nizzar and i can just live completely together in a city we don't want to get out of. ... that'll be my christmas gift, i guess :P