skip to main |
skip to sidebar
- I love reading through the books of Acts lately. It intrigues me for many reasons. First I love how it's mostly about Pauls spiritual and physical journey. He traveled around to so many places to bring the Gospel. He was then usually chased by mobs who wanted to kill him. It wasn't all always happy and everything went perfectly in our human way of thinking. But it went according to God's will. I also love the historical aspect of Acts. There are so many towns mentioned that I learned about in college, that have real historical proof of existing. And there is a lot of archaeology in that part of the world, that shows places that the bible described. It's like the bible is not only our spiritual handbook, it also contains real places and events that happened during the history of humanity. The bible shows humanity in all it's gruesomeness, but also shows the wonderful things God did through the same weak humans.
- So this weekend Cindy, Brad and Jesse are coming to town, yay! We are having a baby shower for Cindy even though she isn't due until September. But since she lives in Alabama we are not sure when else all of us would be together again before her baby comes. She is having a girl and they already picked a name for her: Sofia.(not sure yet if they are definitely spelling it as Sofia or Sophia?) Pretty soon Jenn and Andy should know if they are having a boy or girl too, then I can buy them some cute baby thing.
- Ok, now I want to have a baby soon. I don't know if it's going to happen soon though for many reasons. Sometimes things in life are way too complicated. Like the fact that Sujeet's family lives in India, and they want to meet me soon. And I want to meet them soon, but it's so expensive to visit there that we don't know when we can go. And then it looks like I'll have to wait to have baby until after that. But then we don't even know when that will be. AHHH I like having plans, I don't like wondering what's going to happen for so many months at a time. Whoever reads this who prays, please pray for us that we can work all this out soon.
- I also am supposed to be learning Hindi(one of India's languages) so I can talk to my mother in law. All of Sujeet's family knows English except his mom, so lately she has been upset that she is not able to communicate with her daughter in law. So my father in law again told me I need to learn hindi so she is not upset. And I do want to learn more. It's just so hard...:( the whole thing is hard. I will be so excited yet also scared the day I go to meet them all.
2 comments:
i'm learning hindi too! i haven't gotten too far with it, but maybe we could learn together. email me if you're interested.
I remember you said you were learning Hindi and you are probably doing much better at it than me!! :) I'll email you soon!
Post a Comment