Thursday, August 24, 2006

Life Can Change In A Moment

I'm not sure what to write about. A lot has been going on lately. Not in my life exactly but in the lives of some of my close friends. Yesterday was an emotionally draining day and today I've felt bla.

Yesterday one of our close friends Dominique, who I have known since we were wee little ones, found out she has cancer. She is only 22 and was very healthy. She has had ear aches in one ear through out her life, and for awhile she was having a problem with her ear draining fluid from time to time. She went to the Dr and after a CAT scan, the Dr said it looked like a bone infection and was serious. So they scheduled surgery for 6 days after that visit. Thank God everyone she had to deal with in the Dr's offices and the Dr were all very sweet to her.


Well yesterday was the planned surgery, but when the Dr went into her ear to take a biopsy, it turned out to be cancer and not simply a bone infection. I was at the hospital, along with my mother, and Dom's mother, when she found out. We all cried at some point, but we were brave for Dominique and tried to help her see hope. She can survive this, we know she can. She will meet with a cancer Dr on Monday, and then will be dealing with Dr's at Moffit in Tampa, which has some of the best cancer research and Dr's in the country.

Also, she has no insurance but her Dr has told her that she will not be charged for her cancer treatment and that he will make sure of it. What a relief!!
It is just close to home because I have known Dominique and her whole family since she was a toddler. So she is more like a cousin or something than just a friend. I know with God all things are possible, and I know He will be with her through everything.
---------------------------------
-Change of Plans-
On an unrelated topic, we are putting off any baby plans for the time being for 2 reasons.
1-I want to lose weight before trying to conceive

2-It looks like I will definitely go to India with Sujeet on his next trip! So it will be much easier to wait til after that to try to conceive.

We haven't made an exact plan/date of the trip because we have to see how finances go over the next couple months. But it looks like the trip will be somewhere around Feb/March. After March it gets very hot in India. Not that I wouldn't try to handle that, but it's just easier to go during the more pleasant climate. I will finally get to meet Sujeet's family!

No comments: