Monday, August 21, 2006

www.my-calorie-counter.com

I signed up at a website to track my calories in an attempt at losing weight. I started it last Wednesday but then skipped the weekend because I could not keep track of my calories Sat/Sun. (yikes) I am doing it not to freak out about counting calories, but to monitor how many I consume and adjust my lifestyle to change it. Now I am targeting for under a certain amount per day. You can calculate how long it will take to lose a certain amount of weight by how many calories you are reducing each day.

It's very handy because they have a search option to find all different foods, and they have all the calorie and nutritional info there. Anything from coffee, to Dunkin Donuts, to Dairy Queen, to Ruby Tuesdays, potatoes, toast, anything almost!
It's not as hard as I thought it would be to count calories and avoid going over. You have to decide which food you will eat and which you will not, to get your sweets and etc without over doing it. For example, pop tarts are very high in calories! For 2 it's over 400 calories! I am not eating them anymore unless I haven't eaten much calories for the day. I'd rather have some chocolate chip cookies for 200 calories. You still get to have sweets. You just have to be choosy.

To me it's not about going on a fad diet, but just eating less of any kind of food, and not depriving of any kind either. There are certain foods I generally avoid anyway because they gross me out or I don't like them. I don't like sausage, which is good since it's so unhealthy. I also rarely eat beef or pork anymore. I stick to chicken and fish a lot. Of course I can't avoid a nice juicy hamburger once in awhile! *drool* But I eat them maybe twice a month? My real enemies are cheese and other dairy products.

Sometimes I'd rather eat cheese than chocolate. Weird!
God please help me stay motivated!! It's just not an option for me to stay the way I am. I HAVE to do this.

Is my blog really boring lately or is it just me?? :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, just reading what was going on (I am from visa journey) . If this website doesnt work for you try www.sparkpeople.com. It is like a VJ for dieting with alot of added bonuses. It is great in my opinion. It has a calorie counter, it even gives you a diet plan if you want to follow it. I tried it but then became preggers.

Christina said...

Cool, thanks!