Off the to Dr again...and Remembering 9/11
*complaining a little*
Saturday night I started feeling the symptoms again of a urinary tract infection(UTI). I thought, "oh not, not THIS again!". Last time it happened was at the end of June, which I wrote about here, and it was late on a Friday night and so I had no choice but to go to the ER. Well on Saturday night we had gone out to Books-a-million in Port Richey with our friends/sister/cousin and while there, I kept feeling like I had to go #1(hehe). And everytime I went, I felt like I had to go again soon after. So I started wondering. When I got home around 10:30pm I felt it more. But I didn't want to go to the ER. It wasn't feeling as bad as the last time. I knew of medicine I could buy at CVS pharmacy that would take away the pain of the UTI until I could get to a Doctor on Monday.
So today I went to the Doctor, and he said I do have a little infection, but not a full blown one. Actually, Saturday night and Sunday I felt the worst and today I was feeling a little better, not a lot of pain even without taking the pain medicine(which turns your "#1" into a lovely shade of fluorescent orange, hahaha). The Doctor was VERY nice! Thank God! Once you find a really nice doctor who listens and explains everything so nicely, it's such a relief. I was recommended to this Doctor by my friend Dominique, as he is the doctor she originally went to for her ear problem. The Doctor also gave me samples of the antibiotic I had to take, so I didn't have to buy any!! He gave me enough for the treatment.
On Saturday, before all the above started, Sujeet and I rented "Batman Begins" and watched it during the day. We were both a bit disappointed. It was long, depressing, and some things were hard to understand. I don't know, some parts were cool, other parts were boring. I think Spiderman 1& 2 are wayyyyyyy better, but I know they are two different kinds of movies maybe? Spiderman is more fun to watch I think. :P Maybe I like more fluff.
******
I cannot believe it's been five years since 9/11! It's very sad when you think back to that day, and now see the results of that still today. It's strange to think that I grew up without really worrying about "terrorists", people who don't care who you are when they target you, and now it's a real mess in the world. I always like to think though, that "this too shall pass" one day. But will it? Will it one day be just memories and be history and no more every day life, like the Cold War, The World Wars I&II?
I am sure when my parents were kids, and there were scares during the Cold War, they maybe thought they would have to live with that fear for the rest of their lives. Russia, spies, nuclear weapons aimed at us with a huge red button that says "push me". But in my generation, the Cold War is a distant old thing. I really hope this whole terrorism thing is something that fades away when my future kids are grown, although I am sure something new will replace it as a threat to human life. Well, it doesn't really matter as long as we have God with us in our hearts, no matter what happens around us.



No comments:
Post a Comment