Friday, January 04, 2008

36 weeks! And lots going on!

My due date is less than a month away! 4 weeks away if you want to be technical. Feb 1st! I am excited and can't believe it's so soon. I wonder when I'll have the baby? It could be in 2 weeks, or 4 weeks, or God forbid 5 weeks! :P

I washed almost all of the receiving blankets, wash clothes, burp clothes, and more baby clothes yesterday, need to do a little more today. It takes time to prepare everything for baby's arrival! Getting the nursery ready, cleaning all the things, organizing, putting furniture together, etc. I have definitely learned it's better to start early and not wait to the last minute. I can't imagine if I only now was starting all those projects, no way! It's too tiring and I am getting bigger...also our friends Andy and Jenn who had their baby 2 months early made me want to be prepared early.

So this weekend a friend of Sujeet's is visiting! He is a buddy from India, who is in the US on a business trip for a couple months, in Houston. He's flying out here tonight and staying til Sunday. It will be the first person visiting us that Sujeet knew in India. So I am happy for him.

Also! We have been planning to buy a 2nd car for when the baby is born, and because my family will be moving the end of Feb. We need a 4 door, we only have the 2 door and getting a car seat in and out would be hard. Right now my mom picks me up almost every day, and we go out and do errands or I just go over their house, but she won't be able to after she moves! So we did it, yesterday we decided to buy a car! My dad has connections at different places, so a few days ago he was talking to the owner of a small, good place and the owner said he just got in a nice used car, a 2000 Saturn LS (sedan), and he was going to check out the motor, etc and let my dad know if it would be a good car to consider, and would let us have first dibs. It only has 61K miles on it. So this week we waited to hear about it, and yesterday found out it's in great shape and that we could look at it. I was skeptical because buying a car freaks me out. What if it breaks really soon? What if this, what if that, you just don't want to jump the gun when buying something like a car. But we drove it around, it's beautiful looking, it drove very nicely, the mileage is only 61K! And the price was within our budget. So we bought it, eeks! We don't have it yet, it's all getting processed, but we'll have it in a couple days. I can't believe I'll have my own car gain, it will feel weird! But I did picture Kavi in the back seat in his car seat. Awww. :)

No comments: