Thursday, January 10, 2008

Time is ticking away...

So tomorrow I will be 37 weeks! That is considered full term. Time has been going by quickly and I wonder if it will keep feeling this way or if time will feel like it's slowing down as I approach my due date.

I had an appt on Tuesday, the kind where they check your cervix to see if your body is getting ready for labor. I am 1 centimeter dilated. But I hear you can't always trust how many centimeters you are. Some stay stuck for weeks at one measurement, while others might suddenly dilate only during heavy labor. I really hope I don't go past my due date, please please please God. My next appt is Wednesday. I go every week now until the baby is born.

I hadn't packed my bag for the hospital yet, so I am working on that now. I started working on it yesterday, but I had to buy certain things that I didn't have yet. I'm also doing laundry because some things I want to pack were in the dirty laundry. So much to get ready!

I feel a bit of urgency now. Really the baby could come at any time! I can't believe it. We still need to finish a few things. And I need to take advantage of every opportunity I can to relax and pamper myself before the baby is born because "relaxing time" probably won't exist for awhile.

We picked up the new car on Monday night, yay! I am liking it a lot. We are going to install the baby's car seat into it this weekend(they say you should do it early).

AHHH We are really going to have a baby soon!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'm so excited for you!! he's going to be soooo cute ;)