Sunday, February 24, 2008

Just thought I'd write quickly! Time is at a premium these days.

Kavi is doing very good. He is growing and must be in a growth spurt because he is eating more often the past couple days. So we are trying to feed him more at each feeding. But not too much or else he spits it back up.

Sujeet and I are both tired all the time of course! :) Really I didn't know what the word "tired" meant until now. Having a baby can make someone truly understand the word I think, haha.

He is already over 3 weeks now! I am trying to take in each moment with him because I know time will go so fast and I will miss when he was this little. At the same time I can't wait until he smiles(should be happening soon) and is more interactive. One moment I want him to be able to talk to me, and the next moment I don't want him to get any bigger but stay little.

It has been an emotional roller coaster ride for me though. I definitely have had some of the "baby blues" which is also something I couldn't understand until now. You just cry all the time and you don't know exactly why. It's getting better though. It has to do with hormones, and I think my bad labor experience added to it, along with breastfeeding problems. You just never know the range of emotions that will happen until it happens. I have had times where I just cry and say to Sujeet, what is wrong with me? Why aren't I just happy?I shouldn't be crying. But it turns out everyone that I have talked who also had a baby to went through the same thing after their baby was born. Becoming a parent is overwhelming, and when you add the hormones and exhaustion, because sleep will never be the same again, it's easy to see why people cry in the first few weeks. I know God is helping me and and I am feeling better.

Another reason I am so emotional is because my family is moving in less than a week. My mom will stay with us for a week or so while my dad moves things up to Alabama, and they will be visiting very often, but my sister and Rachel won't be able to probably. And this has been very hard. Right after our baby is born, our family has to move(our county bought their house{imminent domain, though it benefited them financially}, and they are moving to Alabama already). It's been much harder than I thought it would be. We want to move too, but are stuck here for now. But I know God has some plan and we are just waiting to see what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine everything you are experiencing right now! Danny and I pray for you all every day! Love you guys! ~Jillian~