Thursday, August 28, 2008

Packing

I'm packing and getting things ready for our trip tomorrow. I am excited but not about the drive. It's about 9-10 hours. Kavi has done good on the other trips there so I hope he will again. As he gets older I think it will get harder since he wants to roll around on the ground and play. Getting all his stuff ready for the trip is what takes all my time. My stuff is packed easily. I think this is all good preparation for me when we have to pack for going on our BIG trip...India! These are just small test runs on a much smaller scale. But still I have to get so many things ready even for a short trip like this one!

Kavi will be 7 months old on Monday!!! Wow. He is getting closer to turning one. He is teething again and I finally feel a small bump for where one of his top teeth are going to come through.

We are still waiting for my passport, we had hoped to get it before the trip. It might sit in our mailbox for a day or two now if it arrives. That doesn't make me feel good. Well maybe it won't come yet, though we want it to come very soon so I can send in my Indian card application. We already sent in Kavi's on Tuesday and it arrived at the Indian Consulate in Houston this morning.

Happy Labor day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christina....if you're concerned about the passport sitting in your mailbox, I'd recommend you put a temporary hold on your mail. It's as easy as doing it online. (You don't even have to leave home!) Here is the link:
https://holdmail.usps.com/duns/HoldMail.jsp

Have a great time!

Marlooney