Passport time
Tomorrow morning(early, ugh) we are bringing Kavi's passport paperwork to the county gov't office, where they take passport applications. We were going to go today but Sujeet couldn't leave work early enough. There aren't that many places nearby that take the applications. We have to drive to other towns. I am excited to finally apply for his passport. We got the passport pictures from Walmart yesterday and they turned out fine. I used the website www.epassportphoto.com to make them. I hope it doesn't take too long to get it back so we can quickly apply for the Indian card process. We aren't going to pay for expediting since it's not an emergency. And it costs $60 more! For Kavi's passport it's $85. Mine is $75 since I already have one. Since Kavi's under 16 yrs old, both parents have to be present with the application which is a pain since they are only open during Sujeet's work hours. If both parents can't, you have to get a notarized form saying the other parent gives permission.
I'll send mine by mail tomorrow, since I have a passport still. I just have to get my name changed, and it's still a valid passport so I get to renew by mail. There is still a high fee though! Poo! The Indian card I will apply for doesn't take as long to process as the one Kavi will get, so mine isn't as rushed but still hopefully I get it soon.
This paperwork stuff is expensive. We have already gone through sooo much official paperwork with the visa process and then the green card processes. The passport stuff doesn't seem very complicated compared to all that. I wonder how much money total we have had to spend so far on immigration related paperwork. I could figure it out but I am too lazy to do that right now.
My mom is getting here tonight, yay! She will visit this whole week and my dad will come this weekend sometime to stay for a couple days and then they will drive back home.



No comments:
Post a Comment