Well Shiver Me Timbers!
I forgot that I wrote this and that it wasn't posted! It was last Tuesday, and when I hit "Publish Post" I got an error because Blogger was having a scheduled outage, durr! I totally forgot to come back to the saved draft and post it. I went to look at my blog and wondered why this post was not showing up, silly me.
Tuesday's forgotten post:
-------------------------------------------
Kavi had his check up yesterday afternoon and his stats were:
16 lbs 15 oz ---one ounce short of 17lbs
27 & 1/2 inches long
He is in the middle average weight range(25th-50th percentile), and is above average in length(75th percentile). I wonder if he's going to be tall. He also has a big head, in the 90th percentile.
And everything checked out fine. His shots went okay. He cries hard as soon as the needles go in (3 needles into his thighs) but as soon as I picked him up he stopped crying and was okay. :)
The weight and length above are amazing looking compared to his birth stats
6 lbs 2 oz, 19 3/4 inches(I think it was 3/4) long. He grew about 8 inches longer in 6 months?! Imagine if we kept growing at that rate. And he's gained almost 11 lbs. Way more than double his birth weight. 17lbs now! You know what I'm tired of hearing...comments like "Oh my baby weighed that much at birth!!" Ok that is an exaggeration. Still people comment on Kavi's weight as if he is so small. He is average in weight. He's just not a big chunky baby. As good friends of ours called one of their nephews as a baby "Chunkus McBig", Kavi is not a chunkus. But he is still an adorable, normal weight, long baby!



No comments:
Post a Comment