Monday, September 08, 2008

It's Monday

I guess there is stuff I can type about but I get lazy sometimes.

I keep saying Kavi is going to start crawling at anytime and this time I really really mean it. He has been getting on his hands and knees and rocking back and forth, and moving one knee forward, but then he gets stuck and falls back down onto his tummy. But it could be anytime now, even today, that he figures out to move one knee and then the other, and then he'll be all over the place even more than he already is!

He's getting so big, it feels like he's been here much longer than 7 months. I also can see why people want to have babies closer together in age. Once they start sitting up, crawling, playing on their own more, they are not at all the little infant that you could hold in your arms without them squirming around. He likes to be held sitting up near the hip, hardly anymore will he let me hold him baby style. Ah! But we aren't planning to have another baby too soon yet. Maybe in a couple years. There's also a lot of work with a newborn and there's money to spend on diapers and food, etc.

I got my passport in the mail on Friday, so Saturday I sent it with the visa application for visiting India. I applied for a 10 year multiple entry card. They don't always approve the 10 yr cards, so if they don't, they will give me the 5 year card. But I hope they give me the 10, and I sent a cover letter saying my husband is Indian and I will need the ten year card for visiting relatives there now and in the future. Hopefully that'll get me the 10 year card. :P

I am hungry now so I will go eat lunch while Kavi is still napping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog - Wow, you have an adorable baby! I'm also married to an Indian guy. I have yet to apply for my PIO card, but it's encouraging to know that it's available - right now I just have a 10 yr tourist visa. I hope you get the 10 yr card and that it arrives quickly!