Monday, September 29, 2008

Postoperative Appointment: Revision

So the appointment for Kavi's follow up will be on October 6th. They should be taking off the bandages and taking out the tube. I had hoped we'd be going back a week after the surgery, but it's going to be 12 days after. I am waiting for a nurse to call me back so I can ask some more questions about the recovery. Not letting Kavi roll around, be on his belly or scoot/crawl is so hard and tiring for everyone, including Kavi


***Update:
The nurse called me and said our appointment is supposed to be sooner than that, so we are going on Wednesday for the tube and bandages to come out! What a relief. Only two days more! The nurse also said he can sleep on his belly. That's good to hear!


I am thankful for all the kind words from many people!

We had the sinkhole issue that I wrote about awhile ago, and they were going to start the cosmetic repairs to our home starting on October 6th also, so we have to call them and tell them to delay their start. I don't want loud noises in the house that week. They are going to start on the inside of the house first, and it will take a week inside. Then they will do some outside work. 

It's very intrusive, and they would be getting here at 7:30am every morning. 
In my opinion, 7:30am is way too early for someone with a baby, and I'd have to be all showered and ready before they arrive, and usually Kavi is still sleeping at that time. He'll be woken up by the noise and won't be able to nap easily all day. I am not an early riser, I get up when Kavi gets up usually. It makes me wonder how I can do things like use the bathroom, when it means I have to leave Kavi alone somewhere when there are strangers working on the inside of the house. Arghh. They will be first working on one of the bathrooms, doing tile, which only leaves the small bathroom available. Then they are redoing the ceiling plaster/popcorn(ew) in the living room, kitchen, and patching and painting a main wall. Anyway, I will ask Sujeet to call them to postpone everything. 

No comments: