Sunday, September 25, 2005

It's been a tiring weekend!

This past week and this weekend have been tiring, but rewarding! My parents moved into their new house yesterday, after we all spent 2 weeks working on it. Much was accomplished in 2 weeks!

Peeled and scraped off wallpaper from several walls ( one of the worst jobs)

Sujeet, my dad, and uncle Dennis installed laminate flooring throughout the whole house(except bathrooms and bedrooms) which took 3 days! Harder than you think, folks.

Painted lots of walls

Cleaned, cleaned, cleaned

Me and mom made curtains which are soooo cute I might add ;)

And now they are in their new house, tired but very happy! I'll have to post some before/after pics...I guess first I need to have a photo hosting place like photo bucket before I do that...
We stayed at their house yesterday until about 9:45pm then went home and relaxed. We live about 8 miles away from them now, they used to live about 3 miles closer.

We are renting and I hope me and Sujeet can buy a house soon, maybe in the next 6 months. The part that excites me the most is to be able to paint walls however I want them, might sound silly!!! :D I already have lots of ideas! I will be going all out with color, not all dark colors, but I am definitely not afraid of color! I love so many different themes that it's too many ideas to fit into one house. We'll see, when the time comes.

Church was nice this morning, and I like what Pastor Joe talked about. For those who don't know and might read this...yes, I am a PK!! PK=preacher's kid. My dad is the head pastor of our church, his name is Ray and my mom is Dolly. They stayed home from church today because they were exhausted from everything and planned for Joe to talk today at church. Our church is non-denominational...Protestant...born-again...."full gospel"...or however you want to call it! It's a very laid back church, not in the message but in the attitudes of everyone. We have ex-hippies, ppl who still wear tie-dye shirts all the time (used to be 'Dead heads), ppl who dress up more, ppl who just wear jeans...anyone can come wearing nice clothes or messed up old clothes...no one cares. It's more important what is inside of someone than what is outside. So our church is about being yourself, but you will also hear a strong biblical message of living a life of no compromise and having a close personal relationship with Jesus and following in his steps. I love it...and just wanted to share more about me to anyone who reads who didn't know these things.

Well I should figure out today how to post pictures properly here and I think I saw something about audio clips??Or was that somewhere else? I gotta find out!!!

Christina

No comments: