Thursday, October 27, 2005

Make it stop!!

I have had songs stuck in my head all day. Annoying songs. First song was from an iPod(I think) commercial, stupid Eminem song...I don't know the song of course, have heard it on this commercial a couple times and only one part kept going through my head "and the beat goes on, ba-da-da-dudum" (I think that's how it goes??). It was driving me crazy.

Then later another song I never listen to was going through my head..."smile like you mean it..." Ahhh, another one I hear mostly on commercials. Now it's a stupid song going through my head that I heard on the radio earlier. It's a christian song, but very annoying. I really dislike most contemporary christian music. I listen to a lot of christian music, but more rock alternative/folky or once in a while christian R&B, but plain contemporary music is boring to me!

I really love music. I need to practice guitar more. I can play it decently but I want to be better at it. I haven't practiced it in literally around 3 years. I still can play songs but I have not advanced much in 5 years. I also wish my voice was better. I think I can hold a note pretty well, but I do not, in my opinion, have a soloists voice and I really wish I did. I also love dancing. I don't mean club dancing, I mean real dancing. But now my ankle problems really put a damper on that and it upsets me. I grew up always dancing in some form...whether in performances at church or other events, and I truly love it. Now my ankles cannot sustain it. If I do try to do some dancing, my ankles get extremely sore. Hmm speaking on that, I need to go back to the doctor eventually. I need Xrays, not the run around, I need to know what is definitely wrong with my ankles. I still believe it's osteoarthritis as another doctor suggested. My new doctor is nice and all, but seems to be slow moving on figuring out my ankles. I just need to take the initiative and be blunt and say "just find out what is wrong, and do it fast!". I can't go back to the other Dr because he is not in our insurance plan. My ankles have been ok since I got the cortisone shots again a couple months ago. Also the doc gave me an RX for prescription strength Ibuprofen so I was taking those to prevent pain.

Well, I'm tired but also hungry..I need a small snack. Hmm what shall I have....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow -- glad i'm not the only one who doesn't really enjoy contemporary christian music. i felt bad about it for a while (it used to be my favorite back when i was a very young teen), but then i realized that it wasn' the content i didn't like, just the musical style, so i didn't feel so bad then.
and yeah, it always is the worst to get the song from a commercial stuck in your head! blah!!