Re-reading the Chronicles of Narnia
I have the set of the 7 Chronicles of Narnia books and am re-reading them all. I had read each book at least 2 times when I was younger, and I think the last time I had read one of them was at least 5 years ago. Some of them I hadn't read in about 10 years, and it's really exciting to read them again, in my 20's rather than in my pre-teen years.
The spiritual relevance is even more apparent while older than when I first starting reading them all at around age 11. Right before seeing the movie, I read The Lion, The witch, and The Wardrobe again (I think I'll refer to that book as TLWW in the rest of the post to save typing!). Then in the past 2 weeks I read The Horse and His Boy, and Prince Caspian. I am now reading Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
I cried at parts in TLWW and in Prince Caspian. Almost cried during a part of The Horse and His Boy too. It was not really because I was sad, more because of the wonderful character of Jesus shown in these books by the character Aslan, the Lion who represents Jesus. In Prince Caspian, it was while Aslan was helping those who were oppressed and in bondage, that I cried. In TLWW it was when Aslan was lonely before his death and Lucy and Susan comforted him (think Garden of Gethsemane). In The Horse and His Boy, it was when the boy finds out Aslan has been guiding & protecting him his entire life, even before he knew Aslan.
I'd encourage anyone to read the books who hasn't! They are great for all ages.



No comments:
Post a Comment