Thursday, February 09, 2006

Something exciting is happening

Well, I don't want to say exactly what the exciting this is yet, but maybe within a few days I can write about it! (no, not pregnant!).

In a little while I'm going to a women's bible study at my church. It's every Thursday morning and it's fun. My mother leads the group, and it's almost like...well imagine a christian version of "The View", with us being a bunch of women sitting around saying their opinions/encouragements to one another while studying something in the bible. I used to never be able to go, it's only since I left my job at Wider Horizons(school) that I could go. I'd always be jealous because it always sounded like a nice time, but I was always working or taking college classes and never able to go. Also what's great is going to a yummy deli afterwards to get lunch.

Something Christians should remember, is that even when things are going crazy all around us, God is with us in our lives. And not only that, but people are not our spiritual enemies, we sometimes forget about the unseen world, where there are 2 sides. A Psalm I find comforting when looking at the craziness of the world is chapter 3. David wrote it while fleeing from his son who led a rebellion against David who was King at that time, and there was a lot of battles and David faced a lot of struggles.

Psalm 3

Psalm 3
A psalm of David, regarding the time David fled from his son Absalom.
1 O LORD, I have so many enemies;
so many are against me.
2 So many are saying,
"God will never rescue him!"[a]

3 But you, O LORD, are a shield around me,
my glory, and the one who lifts my head high.
4 I cried out to the LORD,
and he answered me from his holy mountain.

5 I lay down and slept.
I woke up in safety,
for the LORD was watching over me.
6 I am not afraid of ten thousand enemies
who surround me on every side.

7 Arise, O LORD!
Rescue me, my God!
Slap all my enemies in the face!
Shatter the teeth of the wicked!

8 Victory comes from you, O LORD.
May your blessings rest on your people.

No comments: