Thoughts on God's goodness
Something I find interesting/annoying, is that when something bad happens to someone, they start doubting God or that he's good or loving. But bad stuff happens to people all over the world all the time, and why do we think we are better than everyone else, to only think God is bad when something bad happens to us? And bad stuff has happened so many times to others?
So in my opinion either we should think God is good but cannot control us like little robots and cannot force people do things or to make certain decisions(like don't turn down that street, you'll be murdered, die in car accident, etc), or else he is always bad. He can't be good only when our life is nice, and bad when our life is not good or something sad happens. That wouldn't really be fair. It would also mean we don't care if bad things happen to others while we are thinking 'God is so great', but only if something happens directly involved in our lives, God is suddenly mean. I personally believe God is perfectly good, no matter what happens on this sinful earth. And when going through hard times it's sometimes easy to doubt His love...but I can't forget how much He loves us.



2 comments:
I haven't found the way to God yet... but would like to. My husband who feels the same way as me said the other day, "I think there is someone watching over us". That made me feel really good.
thanks for sharing your feelings on it, stefanie. :)
Post a Comment