Friday, May 05, 2006

Making my first ever home made bread

My bread is baking in the oven, woo hoo! My family used to go often to a cute little restaurant in New Port Richey called "Whole Note Acres". It was part of a house, that is a circular shaped house, and the owner lives in the back part of it. The front part is the restaurant. (here's more info about it http://www.sptimes.com/2005/05/24/Pasco/She_s_well_rounded_in.shtml)

Anyway, the lady who owns it makes fresh food every day, and has a menu that she repeats every week. Whatever day you go, will be a certain quiche & a certain soup. Every day there is salad, bread, and dessert. Everything is incredible delicious, and it's not expensive. The bread and drinks in fact are free, you just pay for the amount of items you eat. It starts at $6 then each additional item is $1. You can get full on a piece of quiche and a salad or bowl of soup.

I got to go there again about 2 months ago with my mom and sister. We noticed she was selling a cook book for $5 that had ALL the restaurants recipes. Oh how heavenly!! My mom bought it. The breads at this place are so yummy, but my mom was scared to bake her own bread because she tried a long time ago and it completely screwed up. hehe. She finally tried making the white bread, it's so simple but so tasty. So now I have tried it for myself, after watching my mom make it recently. If anyone reads this and it interested in the recipe, I can type it up here. It's very easy, or else I wouldn't be trying it! :P I am a good cook but baking bread is a whole other matter.

It smells good....sniffff.

2 comments:

Christina said...

:-P

Christina said...

oh ya...it turned out pretty good!!