Friday, June 16, 2006

Reading more books

I went to a new branch of the county library on Wednesday for the first time. It's a lot closer to our house than the other branches. I also hadn't been to any other local library for years and years. The last time I was in one, I guess, was when I was still in college. I loved the USF library! It was 6 floors high, was big, and you could always find an uninhabited area to sit and read and feel like you were the only person in that building. And the windows gave great views.

Anyway....at the library I took out another George MacDonald book The Day Boy and the Night Girl but it was a shorter book and I finished it in an hour and a half. Kind of a bummer because I though it'd take longer to read. I also took out from the library Surprised by Joy: The Shape of My Early Life by C.S. Lewis. Yes, I cannot get enough of C.S. Lewis. At least this will take longer to read! Then I also finally got in the mail yesterday a book I bought off eBay, George MacDonald's The Princess and Curdie. I'm looking forward to read that, since I already read The Princess and The Goblin, and this book is the sequel to it. They are kind of like the Chronicles of Narnia type of books; written for children but enjoyed by any age due to the symbolism and entertainment in the books.

No comments: