Monday, October 09, 2006

This book is amazing

I'm finally reading Bruchko, a book I mentioned about a month ago on my reading list post. I'm almost done with it actually. It's a fast read because it is so interesting. It's about the work that Bruce Olsen did with native tribes in Colombia.

I'd suggest anyone to read it who is interested in books about people who genuinely love God and follow God's plan for their life, and who want to genuinely help others with no thought of gain for themselves.

It's also amazing what Bruce Olsen survived through during his years in the jungle. He almost died several times from sickness, and was almost killed several times.

One description of the book says, "Olson's methods, and especially his success, are a whole new paradigm for missions, which attempts not to mold a culture into an established (usually Western) mold, but seeks to truly incarnate Christ in and to that culture. After reading this book, you will be amazed at God's ability to do more than we ask and think."

Bottom line, I love the book!! I wish it was even longer. I don't want it to be over!


No comments: