Friday, November 09, 2007

Hello Third Trimester, woo!

I am 28 weeks pregnant today.

What a week, I can't believe it's already Friday again. It's been a very busy week.

Wednesday afternoon I had my routine appt with my midwife. Things are going very well! I now have to go every 2 weeks instead of monthly, and then at 36 weeks I have to go every week until I deliver. The holidays are coming and I know things are going to fly by and then baby will be here!

Then this morning I had to go in for my gestational diabetes screening test. They like to give the test to every pregnant woman, sometime between weeks 24-28. You drink a very sweet glucose drink, then sit for an hour, and they take your blood sugar level. It has to be under 134 to pass the test, and mine was 126. Yay!!!! I'm very relieved. If you fail this first test, they send you to a dreadful 3 hour long test, and if you fail that then you have gestational diabetes. I was worried I would have it, I am very relieved.

No comments: